A 3-year-old with curious eating habits is recovering after swallowing 37 high-powered magnets. KPTV reports that after she ate them, the magnets formed a dangerous ring inside Payton Bushnell's digestive track, snapping her intestines together and ripping holes in both her small intestine and stomach.

"They saw a circle had formed in her stomach, and they thought she swallowed a bracelet," Payton's mother, Kelli Bushnell, told the station. A recent report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says there have been 22 cases of children swallowing magnets since 2009. And the New York Times reported that while swallowing a single magnet rarely poses problems, swallowing even just two can prove fatal.

Read Full Story Here:


Post a Comment